Monday 4 June 2012

My peeves about complaints without suggestions

So I have to admit that one of my pet peeves is when opinionated people feel the need to post thoughts about what is wrong with any particular topic, yet they never have any useful suggestions as to how to fix the problems they complain about.

Having said this, I find myself at cross purposes. 

If you've read any of my blog, you know I'm working on a large project that I intend to have massive influence on the media industry - both in print and digital.

None-the-less, it may occassionally come across as though I might be one of the very people that annoys me!  But in many ways my hands are a bit tied. 

I intend to discuss in more details the problems that media is currently facing - however - please note, that while due to confidentiality and rights protection I won't be publicly offering up what my solutions are, I most certainly do have a solution formulated for every problem that I will be referencing.

I pledge to you that I will never discuss or complain about any problem that I don't already have a solution either completely figured out or at least well under development.

However, if you want to discuss the details about any particular solution that I have, you will need to be willing to join my team on some level.  In particular we are currently in need of Advisors to help shape the project; Investors to fund it and Programmers to bring it to life!

Fortunately, I am a very approachable and personable person.  I may not always be the fastest to respond, but so long as you send me an email that is legible, with clear intent, open minded and friendly - I will respond.

And by the way - as more information is released on this project and as certain individuals ponder the idea of joining our Advisor team, please note - we DO want "devil's advocates" as well. Obviously some positive reinforcement is good, necessary and desired, however, progress does not come from everyone being completely agreeable.  But I warn you - do not tell me something won't work unless you have a better solution to present.  If we all play by these rules, we should get along just fine!

Ciao for now!
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment